Loyola University Chicago
Advance Your Career with a Degree or Certificate
Loyola University Chicago is Chicago’s Jesuit, Catholic University. Our undergraduate and graduate programs cater to working adults that will help you progress as an officer, sergeant, chief, lieutenant, captain – or another role in the criminal justice or law enforcement industry. Get the expertise and skills to help advance your career from one of the top universities in the country boasting an expert faculty base. Visit www.luc.edu/cpd for more information.
Sworn officers can earn the following:
- Bachelor’s Degrees and Certificates – All undergraduate degree programs and certificates are available to you through Loyola’s School of Continuing and Professional Studies. Classes can be taken in a combination of online and face-to- face on nights and weekends. Most of our majors are offered fully online for your convenience. Visit luc.edu/scps
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice and Criminology – This degree will prepare you to assume leadership roles in criminal justice and related agencies. All classes meet one day per week, in the evening at Loyola’s Roger’s Park Campus
- MBA: Masters of Business Administration – The part-time MBA is ranked among Chicago's top three programs. Classes are weekday evenings at the Water Tower campus.
- EMBA: Executive Masters of Business Administration – The EMBA is designed for high-potential professionals who want to strengthen their business acumen and leadership skills without disrupting their busy work life. Classes meet every other Saturday for 20 months. The program is designed to help you develop the leadership, management, and critical thinking skills that are essential for today’s professional
- MSHR: Masters of Science in Human Resources Management – Classes are held weekday evenings at our Water Tower campus, as well as online
- School of Law - Master of Jurisprudence in Children’s Law and Policy (MJ) – Loyola’s Civitas ChildLaw Center is ranked #1 in the country in family law by Law Street Media. This two-year, part-time master’s degree program is offered exclusively online. The program offers small class sizes with flexible online course delivery and wide-ranging curriculum with courses in Child Welfare Law, Juvenile Justice, Children’s Health Law, Mental Health Law and Children, Education Law, International Children’s Rights, and Family Law. Visit LUC.edu/childlawmj
- School of Law - Weekend Juris Doctorate (JD) – This part-time JD program fits into your busy schedule. Classes meet just seven weekends a semester, 14 weekends a year. Blended learning courses combine in-class sessions and online components, building on the school’s expertise in online learning.
Visit www.luc.edu/cpd for more information.
University of Chicago
Graham School of Continuing Liberal Arts & Professional Studies
Officers can earn a Masters of Science in Threat and Response Management. This is program is designed to develop leaders with sophisticated training to plan for and respond to emergency incidents, utilizing cutting-edge tools and techniques to lessen the impact and shorten recovery time. Classes meet in-person, in an extended weekend format once a month. If you are interested in expanding your network and getting more interdisciplinary experience, this is the right program for you.
Key features are:
- learn from instructors with tactical command experience
- replicate real-world situations through experiential and applied learning
- build effective communication strategies in an incident command environment
- gain familiarity with state of the art technology in surveillance and monitoring
- and more..
Learn more about our Masters in Threat & Response Management at: https://grahamschool.uchicago.edu/credit/master-science-threat-response-management/index
In addition, we offer Master Programs in Analytics and Liberal Arts and Certificate Programs in Project Management, Finance, Marketing and more. All applications fees will be waived for officers.
For more information or to connect to current students from CPD, please send an email to us at the following address expressing your Program of interest, and we will be in touch with you: Julie at:
Flexible Programs to Advance Your Career
You know the value of a great partner. Teamwork makes even complicated challenges easier. You’ll find that kind of partnership when you earn a degree through DePaul University.
DePaul has decades of experience helping working adults further their education and their careers. We understand you are balancing work, home and school. That’s why we’re bringing our faculty to you through customized undergraduate and graduate degree programs at the Chicago Police Academy. Visit go.depaul.edu/fop to learn more about the programs and benefits.
Degree Programs for FOP Officers, Sergeants, Lieutenants and Captains
Bachelor of Arts Degree Completion Program with a concentration in Public Safety and Security Management
Meets one day a week, students can choose to attend the morning or evening session
Master of Public Administration
Meets two nights a week.
Master of Jurisprudence with a concentration in Criminal Law
Meets two nights a week
Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership
Meets two nights a week
Earning a degree speaks volumes about who you are and what you plan to achieve. To find out more about reaching your goals with a DePaul degree and to register for an upcoming information session, visit go.depaul.edu/fop. Have questions about the program or application process? Contact Ken Cohn at email@example.com or (312) 362-6306.
St. Xavier University
Officers can earn an Masters of Business Administration (MBA) in various concentrations including Financial Fraud Management at the Chicago Police Department Education and Training Division. An MBA is a highly marketable degree in both the public and private sectors. Classes meet once per week. Degree completion option available for undergraduate students.
- MBA accredited by Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)*
- Deferred tuition payment
- waived application / registration fees
- Books included
- Eight week terms
- Online options available
- Faculty are current industry and educational experts
For more information or to receive an information packet, please use the contact information below.
Dr. Kate Watland | 773-298-3680 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Hallenbeck | 773-298-3836 | email@example.com
Bob Cyborski | 773-298-3641 | firstname.lastname@example.org
*AACSB accreditation represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Less than 5% of the world’s 13,000 business programs have earned AACSB accreditation.
Calumet College of St. Joseph
Sworn officers can earn an undergraduate or graduate degree in Public Safety by attending class once a week for approximately 24 months (or less). Chicago AM classes are at IIT (35th & State) and PM classes are at the CPD Academy.
- Classes meet just once a week
- Tuition costs are deferred
- One-time class registration
- No application, registration, or textbook costs
- Students attend AM or PM session depending on personal schedule
- Experienced Police Officer Faculty
Undergraduate – Mr. Orlando Garcia, 219-473-4218
Graduate – Mr. Dino Ramirez, 1-219-473-4202
Eastern Gateway Community College
FOP Free College Benefit is offering additional new programs from Eastern Gateway Community College!
Members of the FOP and their spouses, their children and their grandchildren can earn a community college education online, simply as a benefit of membership in the Fraternal Order of Police. There is no cost, and no need to dig out of your own pocket to enroll online in Eastern Gateway Community College, a public, non-profit college in Ohio.
Enrollment is open for Summer and Fall classes. Register early to ensure you are ready to begin classes!
Programs offered include:
Criminal Justice Degree Peace Officer Training graduates earn 33 credits toward this degree—you can graduate in as little a year!
*NEW* Accounting Degree
*NEW* Human Resources Concentration/ Business Management Degree
*NEW* Health Care Management Concentration/ Business Management Degree
*NEW* Marketing Concentration/Business Management Degree
*NEW* Finance Concentration/ Business Management Degree
*NEW* Business Management Certificate
*NEW* Accounting Concentration/ Business Management Certificate
*NEW* Patient Health Navigator Certificate
*NEW* Paralegal Degree
Associate of Arts Degree
Early Childhood Education Degree
Business Management Degree
For more details visit www.FOPFreeCollege.org. Please also share this with your FOP Brothers and Sisters and with your law enforcement contacts to help spread the word about this great new benefit of membership.